*Please check with your country / state to obtain up-to-date, accurate Visa requirements*
As of 1 May 2018 tourists from 59 countries will be able to enter and stay in the Chinese province of Hainan without a visa for 30 days on condition that they book their tour through registered travel agencies according to Xinhua News Agency.
Here are the 59 countries given visa-free access to Hainan, as reported by Bloomberg:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Arab Emirates
Visa Information from Hainan Major Airports:
Before you travel please call the Hainan Exit-Entry Inspection and Quarantine Bureau to ask about Visa eligibility for your nationality. You may inquire whether you are eligible for a ‘Visa on Arrival’:
- Haikou Meilan Airport Visa Office Number: +86-898-65751994
- Sanya Phoenix Airport Visa Office Number: +86-898-88289566
Visa on Arrival Information:
1. After arriving at the airport, go to the visa section to apply for the visa. (24-hour service)
2. What you need to prepare: your valid passport, one 2-inch color photo without hat or sunglasses (on-site photography service available), visa on arrival fee (cash only, Chinese yuan). You may also be asked to provide photocopies of entry and exit air tickets, and hotel bookings.
3. After receiving your visa, you can travel to any part of mainland China and stay for up to 30 days.
Citizens of the following countries can obtain a visa on arrival at a cost of about US$60 (paid for in cash, Chinese yuan) for a maximum stay of 15 days from Haikou Meilan International Airport or 30 days from Sanya Phoenix International Airport. Passengers arriving at Sanya must hold an invitation letter from a tourist agency or a local corporation, organizer or sponsor, plus a return ticket and hotel reservations. Usually takes 15-30 minutes to process when you arrive in Hainan.
Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the United States of America:
International Air Transport Association (IATA) provides a comprehensive questionnaire to help determine visa, passport and health regulations for your travel: