Galaxy Forum Upcoming Schedule:
◊ GF Hainan, China – 25-28 Feb 2020
◊ GF SEA, Thailand, Chiang Mai – 3 Mar 2020
◊ GF Hawaii, Kailua-Kona – Mar-Apr 2020 (TBD)
◊ GF Korea, Daejeon – 2 May 2020
◊ GF USA, Silicon Valley – 4 July 2020
◊ GF Kansas – Aug 2020 (TBD)
◊ GF Europe, Vienna – Sep 2020 (TBD)
◊ GF NY, Scarsdale – Oct 2020 (TBD)
◊ GF Hawaii, Kamuela – 12 Nov 2020
◊ GF South America, Bariloche Argentina – 8 Dec 2020
If you would like to contribute ideas, information, contacts or time toward launching the next Galaxy Forum in your location please contact us
- International Lunar Observatory Association (ILOA) is an interglobal enterprise incorporated in Hawaii as a 501(c)(3) non-profit to expand human knowledge of the Cosmos through observation from our Moon and to participate in internationally cooperative lunar base build-out, with Aloha – the spirit of Hawaii.
- ILO-1 Mission for astronomy and communications from the Moon South Pole to be conducted by ILOA with support from spacecraft provider Moon Express of Florida, USA, primary instrument contractor Canadensys Aerospace of Ontario, Canada, National Astronomical Observatory of China, India Space Research Organization, and others.
- Also actively working on Chang’e-3 Lunar Ultraviolet Telescope collaboration, ILO-X precursor instrument, and Human Service Mission.
- Principal Operating Partnership (POP) structures will engage scientific and educational endorsements to enable fundraising for the mission and share operation of the observatory.
Galaxy Forum Background:
Galaxy Forum is the ILOA’s global education and outreach program — an architecture designed to advance 21st Century education, exploration and enterprise in every class. The diverse series of public events is usually geared towards high school teachers, educators, astronomers of all kinds, students and the general public. Presentations are provided by experts in the fields of astrophysics / galaxy research, space exploration and STEAM education, as well as related aspects of culture and traditional knowledge. Interactive panel discussions allow for community participation and integration of local perspectives.
- More than 96 Galaxy Forums, with over 380 presentations to date.
- Held in 26 locations worldwide including Hawaii, Silicon Valley, Canada, China, India, Southeast Asia, Japan, Europe, Africa, Chile, Brazil, Kansas and New York.
- Started with Galaxy Forum USA, July 4, 2008 in Silicon Valley, California.